How to reach us
Our address is:
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 1
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU)
Phone: +49 9131 85 69900
Fax: +49 9131 85 69919
The group resides in Martenstr. 3, 12th floor in the blue high-rise at the south campus.
- Directions for getting here by bus from the Erlangen main station (PDF) (last update: January 2018)
- If you arrive at the Nuremberg airport, the easiest way is to take the bus (line 30, takes 25 min) or a taxi (approx. 30 EUR, takes ~30 min)
- Map of the south campus
For more detailed bus connections please look on page: http://www.vgn.de/ (on working days till 7-8 pm the buses from main station leave approx. every 15 minutes).
Where to stay:
We usually suggest that you stay in downtown Erlangen. Here are a few recommendations:
- Hotel Central (http://www.hotel-central-erlangen.com) is a 2-star hotel that offers (according to our guests) good rooms and breakfast, and is quiet despite being very close to the main station.
- Altmanns Stube (http://www.altmanns-stube.de/) is a nice 3-star hotels in historic buildings at Theaterplatz. It is in walking distance from Erlangen main train station.
- Novotel Erlangen, a large 3-star hotel close to the city center. Webpage: http://www.accorhotels.com/de/hotel-5376-novotel-erlangen/index.shtml
- Hotel Luise, an award-winning 3-star hotel specializing on sustainability, with a great spa area. Webpage: http://www.hotel-luise.de
- Hotelchen am Theater, an idyllically situated small hotel garni in the historic centre. Webpage: http://www.hotelchen-am-theater.de/
- Hotel Grauer Wolf, a nice hotel in the city center. Webpage: http://www.grauer-wolf.de/
For visitors traveling by car there are some options in Tennenlohe (6 km to the lab):
- Ibis budget Hotel Tennenlohe (used to be etap Hotel), cheapest acceptable option, well-tested by several PhD students (30-40 Euros per night for a single room, breakfast costs extra, prices vary if there is a fair in Nuremberg). Note that there is a second etap Hotel in Nuremberg (don’t book that one).
- Hotel Albertinum, slightly more expensive. Single room costs around 70 Euros during the week, cheaper on weekends. Webpage: http://www.hotel-albertinum.com/
- Arvena Business Hotel, an affordable 4-star hotel. Webpage: http://www.arvena-business.de/
Note that Tennenlohe has no “night life” and the distance to the city center of Erlangen (6 km) or Nuremberg (15 km) is more a cycling distance than a walking distance.
For more suggestions contact us.