Browser Fingerprinting Study: Statistics published! Please participate!
The digital fingerprint of your browser can be used to track you on websites without your knowledge and consent. Sign up for our study (no account needed) and find out if your browser fingerprint is unique: https://browser-fingerprint.cs.fau.de. The time required is less than 1 minute per week.
Look up preliminary study statistics based on 995 participants and 6325 distinct fingerprints.
Please support the study by your participation and by inviting your contacts. Your participation will help us and other research groups investigate countermeasures against user tracking on the Web.
What do you have to do?
- Sign up with your email address. No account/password required.
- Visit the weekly link we send you to measure your fingerprint. That’s it.
What do we offer?
- We will show you in detail what data your browser reveals to websites.
- You can test all your devices and browsers.
- Additionally, you will receive every 4 weeks a report about your recognizablity as PDF file via email (see example report).
- You can unsubscribe at any time and we will immediately delete your email address from our database.
- All analysis and results will be based on anonymous data.